Corporate-Startup Partnering for Success
2-day workshops by EPFL Innovation Park
Given the speed of innovation and the shorter technology lifecycles, both large companies and startups have a vested interest in partnering. Successful alliances can significantly speed up time to market and scaling up, amongst others. However, there are many reasons why such partnerships could go wrong.
EPFL Innovation Park created a 2-day workshops with dozens of company executives as speakers, to talk about their best practices and lessons learned from their own experiences. There will be case studies as well as group discussions. Startup CEO/CTOs and Corporate innovation managers will have the possibility to work side by side to help each other, to achieve better understanding and to build a powerful business and personal network.
The program consists of 2 days from 8h30-12h30 and 14h00-18h00 at at an exceptional off-site location in Chexbres overlooking the lake, on September 5th and 6th, to easily fit into your schedule. Participants who can not attend the 2 consequent workshop days can invite a colleague from his team to attend, in order to ensure the continuity and the quality of exchange with other participating companies.
Day 1 (morning) – Thursday September 5th, 2019: Why — Key benefits & challenges
- State of the art: overview of various forms of partnering between startups and corporates
- Key benefits & challenges: real examples of success and failures
- Understanding each other: comparison of organisations, operating modes and decision processes between startups and corporates
Day 1 (afternoon) – Thursday September 5th, 2019: How — Business partnership & R&D co-development
- Building relationship supplier <=> customer: how to approach each other
- Business partnership: leveraging each other’s commercial network
- R&D co-development: case studies, key issues, tips and limit
In the evening we all have a small walk in the surrounding vineyards, followed by a tasty networking dinner!
Day 2 (morning) – Friday September 6th, 2019: How — Corporate venture funds, startup acquisition & other forms
- Corporate venture fund: why and how
- Startup acquisition by corporates: key issues and tips
- Other forms of partnerships: startup incubator, acceleration programs and startup competitions
- Testimonials from leaders of corporates and startups
Day 2 (afternoon) – September 6th, 2019: Necessary conditions — Rules of the game & action plan
- Rules of the game for startups and for corporates
- Group work: peer-to-peer discussion to improve respective plan of partnering
- Presentation of your roadmap, get direct feedback from trainers and peers
Total fee per participant for established companies is CHF 1’950.- for 2 full days workshops, including coffees, 2 x lunches and 1 dinner.
Startups (< 7 years) are entitled a financial support from EPFL Innovation Park and benefit from a large discount.
*Fast Track reserves the right to modify the program dates, location, and fee at any time.
Seats are limited on a first come and first served basis.