Switzerland Innovation Tech4Impact 1st Call for Proposals has officially launched on May 18, 2020. This represents the first Swiss-wide collaborative effort in order to mobilize researchers, start-ups and SMEs towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The objective of the “Switzerland Innovation Tech4Impact Initiative” (SI Tech4Impact) is to facilitate the realization of innovation projects that tackle society’s most pressing environmental and societal challenges, focusing on selected themes of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. To achieve this ambition, SI Tech4Impact provides a common platform to promote the development of ground-breaking projects that focus on real market applications, in collaboration with Swiss universities as well as entrepreneurs and SMEs collaborating with research partners. This initiative is led in collaboration with Switzerland’s Innovation Parks.
The SI Tech4Impact initiative will award 5 to 7 selected projects with a one-year project grant ranging from CHF 70.000 – CHF 100.000 each. For its first 2020 cohort, the program focuses specifically on projects that aim to tackle one of the following SDGs:
- SDG 3 Good health and well-being
- SDG 7 Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- SDG 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- SDG 12 Responsible consumption and production
- SDG 13 Climate action
The program is open exclusively to:
- Research groups from Swiss universities*
- Postdocs and PhD students (no masters or bachelor students)
- Spin-offs and early stage startups linked to a university* research group
- SMEs with an innovation project to be carried out in cooperation with research partners