Workshop EPFL Innovation Park
December 15th, 2016, 9h00-12h30 – Salle Neptune, Bâtiment C, 1st floor
PR-Workshop: How to make journalists write about you
Find out how to excite journalists instead of annoying them and get your business into the media
Would you like to see your business in the media? Then you might have taken the wrong approach until now: by sending press releases that are not read – but instead deleted immediately.
This happens to 99% of the hundreds of press releases that reach every journalist every day. Let me show you a way to avoid this!
In this workshop you will learn:
- How you have to change your approach by stopping to write press releases and starting to generate stories that journalists will love
- How to present yourself as an expert that gets called by the media
- How offering your opinion can help you get media coverage
- Which publications, TV or radio programmes you should choose
- How to contact them in a succesful way with a simple email
- How to prepare for interviews
This workshop will be held in English.
Bio of the Workshop leader: Marike Frick
Being a journalist myself I know how annoyed my colleagues are when they receive prefectly written, but essentially dull press releasess. When I teach entrepreneurs how to do it differently, I speak out of experience: I will tell you exactly which kind of email I would open, and which would be deleted immediately.
I am of German origin and work as a freelancer for big German magazines, newspapers and online magazines. Besides that I teach entrepreneurs and startups how to achieve media coverage, mostly in online-trainings and through 1-on-1-consulting sessions (also via Skype).
If you speak German you might like to visit my website and blog www.wasjournalistenwollen.de.
Limited to 25 participants: CEO, head of sales & marketing
First come, first served
Thanks to provide your company name and location, your function & your mobile phone number.
Don’t wait too long to sign up, the places will go fast!