Online Workshop EPFL Innovation Park
How to leverage Design Thinking to better match your offering with your users’ needs?
September 17th & October 1st, 2020
with Alexandra Karacsonyi
Why Design Thinking is the preferred methodology of American startups?
Design Thinking is an innovation methodology developed by IDEO in the mid-1990s that is now taught in the best institutions in the world (Stanford, MIT, Columbia, etc.). Based on successive phases of divergent and convergent thinking, Design Thinking can be leveraged to design, redesign or adapt products, services and processes alike, and help you solve complex challenges with multiple stakeholders.
By getting an in-depth understanding of your users’ journey, pain points, logistical and emotional needs, you’ll be in a unique position to offer them the best value proposition matching their needs, thus making selling easier. According to the development stage of your startup, you can use Design Thinking to further improve your product/service, discover new product/service opportunities, and/or better shape your marketing and communication.
“As part of the cultural transformation of our organization, Alexandra has trained over 40 employees and managers in design thinking.
The training course, which combined theory and practice, enabled participants to immerse themselves from the very beginning in concrete problem solving.”
Quote by Patrick Genoud, Advisor in digital innovation, Genève Lab, Office cantonal des systèmes d’information et du numérique (OCSIN), République et canton de Genève
- Learn how to be user-centered, concretely and easily
- Go in depth into the different steps of the Design Thinking methodology
- Practice several key steps via application exercises
- Start developing a new mindset
- Discover new horizons for your startup
Who should attend
This workshop will help a large audience: founders, team leaders, product managers, project managers, salespeople, marketing & communication people, etc. Design Thinking helps solve human-centered challenges, and if one digs deep enough, there is always a human need to be satisfied.
ONLINE Workshop structure
Series of two online workshops of 2.5 hours each:
- Session 1: Theory – Thursday, September 17, 9:30-12:00 (max. 24 participants)
- Session 2A: Application – Thursday, October 1, 9:30-12:00 (max. 12 participants)
- Session 2B: Application – Thursday, October 1, 13:30-16:00 (max. 12 participants)
In English, with workshop materials made available to participants
- Participants register for Session 1 AND either Session 2A or 2B (preference to be stated in the registration)
- They (mandatory) commit, on top of joining both sessions, to complete the application work requested between Session 1 and Session 2. Session 2 will be entirely based on it.
- Alexandra will run an online office hour on Thursday, September 24 from 9:00 to 10:00 to answer any question or solve any issue participants may have while completing their application work
Minimum 12 participants, maximum 24 participants and maximum 2 per company.REGISTER NOW