2017 >>venture>> Award Ceremony
Monday, June 19, 2017, 6:30 – 8:20 pm
followed by an apéro riche
Audi Max, F30, Main Building, ETH Zurich (Rämistrasse 101, 8092 Zurich)
>>venture>> is organized jointly by ETH Zurich, McKinsey & Company Switzerland, Knecht Holding, the Swiss Confederation’s CTI, and EPFL.
We will introduce the five top teams in the Business Idea and Business Plan categories as selected by the >>venture>> Advisory Board on the same day. The ten winning teams will receive prize money totalling CHF 170’000. In between announcing the winners of the two categories, Federal Councillor Johann N. Schneider-Ammann, head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research (EAER) will share his perspectives on innovation and entrepreneurship. For the first time, SRF, RTS and >>venture>> will present the Startup Audience Award. Please cast your vote for your favourite business idea via www.venture.ch/vote. Voting opens on June 12.
- 6:30 pm Welcome, Prof. Dr. Lino Guzzella (President ETH Zurich)
- 6:35 pm Review >>venture>> anniversary edition, Dr. Thomas Knecht (Founder of >>venture>>, Chairman Knecht Holding)
- 6:45 pm Presentation of the winners of the Business Idea competition
- 7:00 pm Presentation of the Startup Audience Award by SRF, RTS and >>venture>>, Ruedi Matter (Director of Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen)
- 7:05 pm Keynote speech, Federal Councillor Johann N. Schneider-Ammann (Head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research): Perspectives on innovation and entrepreneurship
- 7:30 pm Presentation of the winners of the Business Plan competition
- 8:10 pm Closing remarks, Prof. Dr. Martin Vetterli (President EPFL)