EPFLglobaLeaders is a new doctoral fellowship programme funding early stage researchers to become leaders in the transition towards sustainable societies. Forty-eight doctoral fellows will benefit from a multifaceted training programme, including a secondment in the non-academic sector.
The calls for applications are scheduled as follows:
- The duration of an EPFLglobaLeaders doctoral fellowship is 48 months (4 years).
- Research funded by the EPFLglobaLeaders programme can only be conducted on the EPFL campuses in Lausanne, Geneva, Neuchâtel, Valais, or Fribourg.
- EPFLglobaLeaders involves a collaboration with the non-academic sector. The programme includes a stay of 3 to 12 months in the non-academic sector. Additionally, a (formal or informal) co-supervision of the PhD thesis by the non-academic partner is strongly encouraged.
- The EPFLglobaLeaders fellowship consists of a monthly contribution to the salary of the doctoral candidate of EUR 1’935 and is granted for a period of forty-eight months.
- More information: https://www.epfl.ch/education/phd/doctoral-studies-structure/customized-curricula/epflglobaleaders/